Which Brand of Electronics Should I Choose?

Guest Carolina Bass Guy

Guest Carolina Bass Guy

So I am thinking about upgrading my old Humminbird equipment with new electronics. I'm not tied to Humminbird, so I'm open to changing.  I hear good things about Garmin, but I've never been on a boat with Garmin electronics. What should I go with and why?  For what its worth, I'm a weekend angler but looking for better equipment. 

Guest DSW1253

I've had Lowrance, Garmin and Humminbird. I currently have 2, 9 inch Lowrance Elite TI 2's and I find them to be the best of the different ones I have owned. Humminbirds are nice units, but to get into touch screen units you are looking at well over $2,000 per unit. The Lowrance TI 9 inch screens are touch screen and run around $1,000, plus mine network wirelessly. I don't believe the new Lowrance Elite units network wirelessly, but my units do and they work flawlessly. I also find the Lowrance Elite units to be extremely user friendly, where as the Humminbirds I found to be confusing. My buddy has the Garmin touch screen units and they are also very nice. I find them to be a little less user friendly than the Lowrance units, but not much. Good luck!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.