Forward Facing Sonar Doesn't Catch Fish...

Forward Facing Sonar in Tournaments  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should Forward Facing Sonar (Livescope) be banned in tournaments?

• Yes
    • No
    • It Doesn't Matter

With all of the buzz, both good and bad, about forward facing sonar... it is just technology.  It doesn't put fish in the boat. You still have to select the right equipment, the right technique, the right presentation and the right bait. Tell us about what you have found that works best for catching them, once you find them. 

• Like 1

I am fairly new to forward facing sonar. I have Humminbird Mega Live.  While the image quality is not quite what you will see with Garmin, I have it dialed in and I can definitely see structure and fish.  However, I am finding it very difficult to catch those fish. I am working on targeting these fish, usually around brush, with a dropshot on light line with a #1 Owner mosquito hook.  I've tried multiple baits, including Berkley flatworms and Robo worms. I've nose hooked and rigged them wacky. I've caught a few fish, but nothing significant. What else should I be considering to target and catch these fish? What am I missing here?

• 4 weeks later...

This is the point I am making here. There are several, loud voices, across the industry that would like to see all forward facing sonar banned in tournaments. I agree with them in that it allows anglers to target and catch fish that they would not have been targeting before, but they still have to make the fish bite. The technology without the skill is just like the thousands of anglers riding around int heir bass boats and never understanding how to use side scan sonar to locate and mark fish holding structure. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.